Celebrating the impact of corporate partnerships
15/11/2017 5:15:30 PM
This National Philanthropy Day, Women’s College Hospital Foundation is celebrating our wonderful corporate partners and their impact on the future of healthcare for women!
From event sponsorships to investments in unique programs across Women’s College Hospital, corporate partners play a crucial role in helping WCH advance its mission to revolutionize health for women and improve the healthcare system for everyone.
Here are just a few examples of how our corporate partners are making a difference.
- KPMG recently announced that its support of WCH has now surpassed $1 million! From a major gift to help build the new home of Women’s College Hospital to serving as Presenting Sponsor of Women for Women’s since its launch in 2011 to the countless volunteer hours dedicated by KPMG employees, and so much more, this is a company that’s deeply invested in advancing healthcare for women.
- In 2017, dedicated partner Shoppers Drug Mart hosted the fifth annual SHOPPERS LOVE. YOU. Run for Women in support of Women’s College Hospital. The event raised an incredible $200,000 – double the amount raised in 2016! All proceeds support the Women’s Mental Health Program at WCH, the largest clinical and research program of its kind in Canada. We’re so grateful to Shoppers Drug Mart for its enduring partnership and support!
- Dream Unlimited and Women’s College Hospital share a passion for thinking outside the box and championing innovation. That’s why, in addition to Dream’s generous philanthropic investment in WCH, the two partners launched an “innovation partnership” several years ago – a collaboration that brings leaders from the two organizations together to learn from one another, share ideas and discuss how to bring bold new ideas to life.
- Golf tournaments are a wonderful and fun way for our corporate partners to make an impact! This past August, long-time WCH Foundation partner Cadillac Fairview hosted its annual CF Golf Classic in support of Women’s College Hospital for the third year in a row. Raising an incredible $350,000 for WCH, this year’s event marked the company’s completion of its four-year commitment of $1 million – in just three years! We’re incredibly grateful to Cadillac Fairview for their tremendous leadership support of better healthcare for women and their families.
- Corporate and community events are a wonderful way to support Women’s College Hospital! On Giving Tuesday 2016, law firm and WCH partner McCarthy Tétrault hosted a special event at its offices to raise funds in support of the Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Care Centre at WCH. Held in memory of Rebecca Ransome, a young employee of the firm who was murdered by her boyfriend in 2013, the event raised an incredible $7,000 to support victims and survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence. We’re incredibly grateful to McCarthy Tétrault for choosing to honour Rebecca’s memory in such a meaningful and impactful way.
- Over the past year, top WCH medical leaders have participated in engaging webinars hosted by corporate partners such as Aird & Berlis LLP and PwC Canada. These webinars provide an excellent opportunity for companies to offer access to the expertise and insights of WCH physicians and researchers while providing invaluable educational experiences for employees.
To all of our amazing corporate partners, thank you so much! Together, we are advancing equitable, innovative care for all Canadians by supporting the work and mission of Women’s College Hospital.
If you are interested in finding out how your company can engage with Women’s College Hospital and WCH Foundation, please click here
or contact Leigh Naturkach at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 416-323-6323 ext. 2936.