Donating publicly traded stock and securities is an easy and tax-smart way to support Women’s College Hospital. You will receive a tax receipt for the full appreciated value of a donation of publicly traded stock or securities, and you will not have to pay capital gains tax.
How to Make Your Gift
There’s now a quick and easy way to make a gift of stock and securities online. Please use the form below to make your gift. If you would prefer to make your gift offline, please follow the simple step-by-step instructions below.
Make an online gift
Make an offline gift
To make an offline gift, please follow the simple step by step instructions below.
1. Download a Transfer Form.
2. Complete all sections, especially the CUSIP # which is provided by your broker/investment advisor and identifies your transaction to avoid transfer delays.
3. Provide a copy of the completed form to your broker/investment advisor who will be responsible for the transfer.
4. Provide a copy of the completed form to Women’s College Hospital Foundation. Forms can be sent by email to email@example.com or mail to:
Director, Finance and Donor Services
Women’s College Hospital Foundation
76 Grenville Street
Toronto, ON M5S 1B2
5. Call us at 416-323-6323 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know to expect your donation.
Your receipt will be valued based on the closing price on the date when the shares are legally transferred to the Foundation’s account at our custodial agent, RBC Dominion Securities, and accepted by the Foundation. Shares are considered legally transferred only when delivery is confirmed by our custodial agent.
Women’s College Hospital Foundation’s policy is to sell all donated securities as soon as possible after they have been received.