Your Donor Bill of Rights
Your rights as a donor are of utmost importance to us. As a proud member of the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy and the Association of Fundraising Professionals, and as a fully accredited member of Imagine Canada’s Standards Program, we have a strong track record of excellence in championing the rights of our valued donors.
Under your Donor Bill of Rights, you can expect to:
- Be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- Have the opportunity for your name to be deleted from mailing lists that Women’s College Hospital Foundation may intend to share.
- Feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
If you have any questions about your Donor Bill of Rights, please contact us.