What We Do
What We Do & Why It’s Important
Women’s College Hospital is revolutionizing healthcare for a healthier, more equitable world. The support from our donors, sponsors and partners enables Women’s College Hospital to think – and act – differently. We’re breaking down barriers to care by launching Canada’s first virtual hospital; we’re transforming surgeries such as joint replacements to day surgery, and we’re becoming a provincial hub for critical networks such as Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Care Centres and Substance Use care programs. We are always working to build a healthcare system that is more accessible, effective and inclusive for everyone. Because of you, Women’s College Hospital is Canada’s leader in women’s health, focused on equitable care for all. And we’re just getting started.
Our healthcare system needs to change. High costs, hallway medicine and a lack of gender-focused research are pressing challenges threatening the health of Canadians today.
Your support helps Women’s College Hospital drive change, close health gaps and create a more equitable system. You share our vision of healthcare revolutionized – a new future in which healthcare is radically redesigned. With your support, WCH is building on its established success to continue its role as a major catalyst for modernizing a 1950’s model of care within healthcare.
We aim to shift the balance of power, to confront gender and social inequities that threaten people’s health, to bring virtual care into the mainstream and reimagine how ambulatory healthcare services are delivered to close health gaps for all.
We can only do this with your ongoing support. Please join us by donating today.
Women’s College Hospital: At a Glance
- Founded in 1883, WCH became the first place in Canada where women could study and practice medicine.
- The only fully ambulatory, academic hospital in Canada focused on the health of women and health equity for all.
- Home to one of the only hospital-based research institutes in the world dedicated to women’s health.
- Major teaching hospital fully affiliated with the University of Toronto
- Mandated by the Ontario government to be a leader in health system solutions, Women’s College Hospital is now home to the provincial Centre for Digital Health Evaluation which is leading a national initiative to strengthen Canadian capacity to evaluate digital health interventions.
“For the last several years, I was doing everything with pain. Now, I’m back to work and life and feeling so much better.”Read the rest of Kaori’s Story